Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Interview, Computer

So...after much frustration, here I am.

Interview:
Technologies available: TV, VCR, DVD, Projector, recorder, 2 computers, digital camera
Technologies she wished she had: MORE COMPUTERS
She tries to use technology as much as possible, but feels like the school doesnt support it as much as she would like. She likes using the two computers but if she had even 3 more, she said she could do a lot more.
I wanted to know how she came about getting the technologies that she did have. She said they were her own or a couple of classrooms shared them.

It was interesting to me that the school didn't really support technology. You would think with all the computers and online resources and services that the school district would be so involved with working on getting technologies in the classrooms. But, they really aren't worried about it, and are doing nothing to provide more computers for anyone. A computer class seemed to be enough, once a week. But really, as a college student I am using the computer everyday for everything. Not just homework, but looking for books, looking for apartments, recipes, supplies, and advice. So really the internet, and technologies are more vital than this school wants to realize.

In my very own classroom even if I am only able to access very few technological resources, I will make sure even my Kindergarten class knows how to work and deal with technology. It is important to be technology savy, and I think even students are more interested in learning about something that has electronics involved than paper and pencil.

Computer:
That computer is awesome. The coolest part about them for me..was that they can be powered by the sun!!!!! WOW!! I love the internal bumper for the screen because you know that if a kid owns this it will get dropped. I also like the idea of it being a non-profit organization, so really it is focused on what is best for the child, not what will market and allow the child to become obsessed with the game or something. Although, I would love to get this for my classroom to integrate into every lesson plan in order for my students to become obsessed about learning.

Reading: on the page where it said to read about online articles for ECE, there was nothing. So there was no link for me to read about. Maybe its my browser not showing it. Because Amber found it.

Techonologies:
OKAY, where was I supposed to find directions to choose what technologies I used? This made sense to me because I looked at Amber's blog. But where are my instructions? They weren't on the assignments and they weren't on moodle, and they weren't on the ple page. I wish we had one page that said everything we had to do. PLE and all. Thats my only complaint right now, that I have to assume what I am supposed to do. Anyway in my confusion I am "Assumming" we are supposed to choose a technology and choose a standard and write a pre-lesson plan. If anyone knows. Please tell me. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I am still at a loss of what that means. I just considered my "2 technologies used" as writing about the laptops and cameras? Or maybe the technologies I wrote about that the teacher uses in her ECE class? Maybe other people understood this better....

    ReplyDelete